Thursday 17 August 2017

#BookReview A Little Death in Dixie by Lisa Turner (@turnermystery) @Bellebooks

A Little Death in Dixie by Lisa Turner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Power. Passion. Mystery. Memphis.

Is a killer stalking women in the steamy darkness of the River City's August nights? Or could the threat be something more personal?

One of Memphis's most seductive and notorious socialites has disappeared. Maybe it's just another of her drunken escapades. But maybe not. What begins as an ordinary day's work for Detective Billy Able in the land of Elvis, the Blues, and the Mississippi Delta, quickly escalates into a high-level web of tragedy, suspicion, corruption and sordid secrets, including a few of Billy's own.

Mercy Snow believes all the evidence points to sinister forces at work in her sister's fate. But her flighty mother is no help, as usual, and Memphis Judge Buck Overton-who's all too eager to marry Mother's inheritance-will stop at nothing to protect his plans. Can Mercy and Billy overcome the dark workings of a Southern crime dynasty?


**********

I was absolutely thrilled to read A Little Death in Dixie by Lisa Turner since I have rea, Devil Sent the Rain book three in this series. I love that the story is set in Memphis, for some reason do I love reading stories set in the American South, especially crime stories. And, this one was no exception.

Like in Devil Sent the Rain must Billy Able solve a mystery that involves women he knows. In this case, it's a woman that Billy for years helped getting out of problems with the law (drinking and driving together is never a good idea), but now she has disappeared. She has done it before, but this time it seems to be more serious like someone wants to get rid of her.

This book is good, I quite liked this story, there were some slower moments when I felt that I wanted to speed up the investigations, also it was hardly surprising to learn who this books big bad was. However, there were some surprising moments towards the end of the book and all and all did I quite like this book and can't wait to read The Gone Dead Train that is waiting on my kindle app. And, I do hope more books will be written about Billy Abel because he is such a fabulous character!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment